by Natasha Wolff | February 18, 2014 3:14 pm
The Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie in Geneva is more than just a simple watch exhibition. The annual event gathers 16 of the most prestigious watch maisons from around the world to present the latest in high-end timepieces. The invite-only exhibition showcases elegance, fine craftsmanship and, above all, luxury. Below, we bring you the top five timepieces from Switzerland.
1. The Portuguese Sidérale Scafusia is the first watch from IWC to feature a patented constant-force tourbillon and features a customized celestial chart. IWC also hosted one of the most talked about parties featuring appearances by Ewan McGregor and Susan Sarandon and even a special performance by Cirque du Soleil.
2. The Excalibur Double Flying Tourbillon from Roger Dubuis showcases pioneering tourbillon technology and compensates for the effects of gravity to improve the functioning of the timepiece.
3. The Quai de L’Ile Day-Date and Power Reserve by Vacheron Costantin is named for the famed watchmaker’s historial address in Geneva and features a see-through sapphire crystal faceback and 18-karat pink gold crown.
4. The 1815 Tourbillon by A. Lange & Söhne highlights their patented Zero Reset mechanism which allows it to be stopped, set and restarted with one-second accuracy.
5. RM 052-01 Tourbillon Skull Nano-Ceramic is the latest innovation from Richard Mille. Resembling something out of a comic book, the timepiece features a ceramic case and solid gold skull at the center with the tourbillon located inside its jaws.
Audrey Tritto writes for audreyworldnews.com
Fast & Furious: Men’s Racing Watches
Meet Franck Muller, the Watch Maestro
Jack Heuer’s Favorite Two Watches
Source URL: https://dujour.com/style/sihh-2014-greatest-moments/
Copyright ©2023 DuJour unless otherwise noted.