by Natasha Wolff | July 7, 2015 9:49 am
Viadade, the Portuguese word for vanity, has no negative connotations in Brazil. On the contrary, it’s considered part of a citizen’s duty to keep up appearances. These five Rio de Janeiro experiences will help you capture a bit of that local bombshell glow on your next visit to South America’s Cidade Maravilhosa.
• Book a Brazilian blowout from either Crystal Hair or C. Kamura, the city’s most renowned salons for turning unruly curls into sleek, shiny waves—the signature of Brazilian women.
• Get a body-shaping treatment by Dr. Ariel Haus, who says, “Beauty in Brazil is characterized by healthy, curvaceous, tanned figures.” One of his most requested procedures is the Brazilian Bottom Lift, which tones, sculpts and reduces the appearance of cellulite.
• Load up on organic products made from ingredients native to the Amazon rain forest. Natura is one of the biggest companies in Brazil—a testament to Brazilians’ love of natural skin care—and its Ekos line flies off shelves.
• Pick your perfect scent at O’Boticário, Rio’s leading fragrance brand for both men and women.
• Browse the aisles of Granado, the city’s famous pharmacy, which specializes in bath, body and home goods. Beautiful packaging and high-quality ingredients put these products on par with department store brands.
Source URL: https://dujour.com/beauty/rio-beauty-products-salons-treatments/
Copyright ©2024 DuJour unless otherwise noted.