by admin | February 11, 2015 1:24 pm
Le Bernardin’s longtime sommelier Aldo Sohm has expanded his reach with his new Aldo Sohm Wine Bar, just down the street from the flagship. Look for an over-the-top list of wines by the glass and snacks like baked Camembert and baby beet skewers.
1. Chartogne-Taillet, Sainte Anne, Champagne NV
“One of my favorite Grower Champagnes. It is 50 percent Chardonnay and 50 percent Pinot Noir, creating a richness and freshness all at once.”
2. Riesling, Schmitges, Grauschiefer, Mosel 2011
“Grey Slate is a very mineral-driven and dry expression of Riesling from the Mosel region.”
3. Sauvignon Blanc, Clos Roche Blanche, Touraine 2013
“An organic-farmed Sauvignon Blanc that shows balance, and really good quality for its price point.”
4. Blaufränkisch, Wachter Wiesler, Südburgenland 2012
“The Blaufränkisch delivers a robust and juicy style of wines which are wonderful for food pairing.”
5. Sulauze “Les Amis Rouge Sans Soufre,” Provence 2013
“Certified organic and with zero sulfur used. It’s very pure in fruit with rich and silky tannins.”
Source URL: http://dujour.com/lifestyle/aldo-sohm-wine-recommendations/
Copyright ©2019 DuJour unless otherwise noted.